The German company MOBOTIX is known as the leading pioneer in network camera technology and its decentralized concept has made high-resolution video systems cost efficient. MOBOTIX has been producing megapixel cameras exclusively for many years now and is regarded as the global market leader for high-resolution video systems. The higher the resolution, the more accurate the detail in the image. With analog technology, a recorded image generally has no more than 0.1 megapixels (CIF). One single MOBOTIX camera with 3.1 megapixels records around 30 times more detail. As a result, larger image areas with up to 360° all around views are possible, thus reducing the number of cameras.
Forward-thinking security professionals have discovered that digital storage and retrieval systems open up all new possibilities in surveillance operations and management. These unprecedented, highly reliable surveillance recording systems provide scalability to meet extended user needs.
- Fast Access & Automated Searches – Unlike tape-based systems, digital recorders capture surveillance video directly to high-capacity hard drives that can store far more video in a given space. In addition, digital recording allows you to instantly access any video, without fast-forwarding or re-winding tapes. Better still, you can use the built-in software to quickly search through stored images, instead of scanning hours and hours of tape. And in networked security systems, you can easily transmit any digitally stored video to remote monitors or locations. Digital recording systems also allow for archiving of images on multiple media, including DVD-RAM, CD-R, and flash card.
- Durable & Easy to Maintain – Digital recorders are much like computers and servers, with far fewer mechanical parts – which improves service life and reduces maintenance.
- Super Compression – Selected models of digital recorders feature a propriety compression technology that allows you to store approximately twice as much video per gigabyte of disk space than with conventional compression algorithms. At the same time, Super Compression results in less noise and distortion, delivering high-quality images for archiving, playback, and storage.
- Video Motion Detection – In addition to searching stored images by time and date, by camera, and by recorded events, selected recorders allow you to search images for various types of motion in the images – selectable by area of the screen, duration of the motion, or even direction of the motion.
- Intuitive, Easy-to-Learn Interfaces – Digital recorders are designed with simple, easy-to-understand controls and software interfaces, to simplify learning curves for operations staff, and to streamline set-up and configuration.
The Spectra III™ Series Dome System is a cost-effective alternative to Pelco’s popular Spectra III™ SE Series Dome System. The Integrated Dome System consists of a back box, dome drive, and lower dome. Components may be ordered as a complete system or separately. This flexibility allows for future system upgrades. The Spectra III can be upgraded with the Spectra III SE dome drive, giving the system all the programmable features of the Spectra III SE, excluding built-in back box memory, relay and auxiliary functions.